







Carter Is Home!!
On Saturday Chad and I got to bring our new baby home. He had to come home with a bili blanket but luckily it was only for 2 days. It has been a little bit of a rough start for us but things are getting better now. He is eating every 3 hours to gain back the weight he lost but we went through 3 different bottles until we found the one that worked the best for him. We are working on breast feeding but he is just too little right now to to get what he needs. So I am pumping and giving him bottles. He sleeps most of the day and seems to be up more in the evening. The first few days have been pretty stressful and sleepless but hopefully we are getting into more of a routine. I also think that the "baby blues" are going away which I am very happy about. I never knew how crazy emotional you can be after having a baby. We have had several doctors appointments and appointments with lactation specialists that have kept us busy. He was circumcised today in the office and he weighed 6lbs 13.7oz. He is one ounce away from being his birth weight. The lowest he got was 6lbs 4 oz. We are happy to be home and are very thankful for all the help and support we have gotten from family and friends. Without them we would not be able to do this. Thanks everyone!
1 comment:
what a cutie! i love your little baby. i wish i could be there to hold him. and i am so jealous of all his dark hair. some babies get all the luck. and i'm glad to hear things are getting better. routines are such a wonderful thing. can't wait to talk to you again (and see more pics)!
Post a Comment