
Karen Chad and I eating at Panera

Chad and his mom

Carrie and Carter joking around

The Scribners (Shawn, Karen, Noah, Chad and Carter)

Karen with her grandkids

My mom and I with Carter on Mother's Day

My mom with Carter
I was so excited for my first mothers day, and it turned out pretty good. I started off by working Saturday night and sleeping in until 11:30. (I didn't go to bed till about 5am) Then I woke up got ready for work and went over to my moms house for lunch and strawberry shortcake! It was delicious! I was hoping to get put on call for work but unfortunately had to go in. I did however get a nice card, and a mother/son book from Chad and Carter and a gift certificate for a pedicure from my parents before I had to go it. I was surprised when I got to work and found out that some patients were going home and that I would be able to leave early. Since Chad had already eaten dinner he told me to pick up the dinner of my choice. I decided to stop at Olive Garden and get a steak meal with fettuccine and gorgonzola cheese. But the best part is the dessert. My favorite dessert of all time is there. It is their lemon cream cake. mmmm....it is so good. So I was able to bring that home and chat with Chad and Carter before Carter went to bed. Chad also picked up the house, mopped the floors, vacuumed and did lawn work! I don't think I could ask for a better Mother's Day! I am looking forward to watching the season finale of Survivor and hope that I don't get called into work. Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment