Search This Blog
Friday, June 20, 2008
The Destructor
It seems like it has been a pretty busy week around the Scribner house. Chad was out of town for a couple of days so Carter and I were on our own. I got to bed early and enjoyed having the bed all to myself for a few nights. (ha ha) We also had a busy weekend with Father's Day and lots of errands to run. This week is the start of my *new* hours at work. I was able to cut down to 32 hours every 2 weeks. I am really excited about the time I get to spend at home our little man. My back is getting better. I can lift and do most things now but it is still sore and I am reminded most days that it is still injured. Carter is doing well this week. He has come a long way with his walking. He really enjoys hanging onto our hands and walking places and does a pretty good job. Something he wasn't doing a week or so ago. He also really enjoys standing. He will stand almost anywhere you put him and for long periods of time. He is not crawling yet, but he will get back into the crawl position from being on his belly. He will also move his hands forward if you move his legs. He has also scooted both of his back legs together to move forward when he is really excited. We are really hoping it is soon though. He might walk before he crawls at this rate. Carter has tried some more new foods this week. He ate some salmon of mine, apricots, and roast beef. He is doing really well at feeding himself and has started doing more and more finger foods. His appetite seems to still be fluctuating all the time. He is consistently not finishing his bottles but will eat a ton of table food after wards. I guess it is a sign that our little man is growing up and wants to eat grown up food. A very very special thanks to the Niebuhr family for sharing a bunch of their toys with us. Carter was getting a bit bored with his. Erin and the kids brought over a bunch of old toys to share with Carter. They are a huge hit and he is a very happy baby. Thank you SO much!
Oh yeah, I should explain the title of this blog entry. I have been calling Carter *The Destructor*. He is turning into such a boy lately. He loves knocking down towers of blocks, picking things up and dropping them and his favorite it to just brush his arms back and forth on the carpet pushing anything in his path away. He is too funny. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment