Search This Blog

Monday, June 02, 2008

Tag...you're it!

I was tagged by my friend Sarah the other day and thought I would fill this out. Hope it is not too boring. Since most of you who look at my blog already know me.

Favorite person (outside family)? This is a difficult question to answer. I have several really great friends that I consider my best friends. They all play a different role in my life and have all made my life better. They are there for me in their own ways and allow our friendship to grow and change as our lives change around us. My life would be VERY empty without them.
Favorite food? I cannot just pick one. So I will break it down into categories. Desserts- brownies, or Lemon Cream Cake from the Olive Garden, Ice Cream- Mint Chip (if it is from an ice cream store) Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, Dinner-home made Runzas, Fast Food- Chinese, Veggies- Asparagus, Fruit-Pineapple, Restaurant- Melting Pot. Candy bar- Mounds

Quirks about you? I have several. Maybe I should change that to pet peeves. I have a hard time when people in power positions use bad grammar. Now I am not saying that I am very good at it myself, but I am if I have to be. Here are some examples. People using the word "irregaurdless", not a word. People using the improper pronunciation of the word "oriented" they say "orientated" also not a word. I hear this a lot at my job, and these two things make my skin crawl when I hear them. One quirk about me is that I hate having things on my feet. I much prefer to be barefoot. At times I have thought my feet might be claustrophobic. I do not wear shoes in the house ever, and I rarely wear socks. I feel much better when nothing is on my feet.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? I think this would be Chad and I am not sure what he would say. On a good day he might say "compassionate, empathetic, good listener, good friend" On a bad day he might say "intense, emotional, picky, and crabby" :) I would actually like to turn the question around and say how I would describe the person I love the most. Chad- "dedicated, loving, understanding, devoted father, great communicator,(&) love of my life"
Any Regrets in Life? Not really. The older I get the more I realize how everything that happens in our life really is done for a reason. There were several friendships I lost during college that I really wish I still had, but I think that if we were still friends I may have never met Chad, had Carter or met some of the great new friends I now have. I do hope I get to travel more before I die. That would be a regret from the grave. :)

Favorite Charity/Cause? Since working in Pediatrics I have a new love for JDRF. They are the juvenile diabetes research foundation. It is so sad when a small child comes in and is diagnosed with this disease and from that minute forward, their whole life is changed. I see the sadness in the parents eyes and the fear in the childs, and I hope that there is a cure soon.

Favorite Blog Right Now? I always enjoy looking at family and friends blogs. I check them almost every day. I also have a special place in my heart for some pug blogs that I have looked at for quite some time. I love finding other people who love their pugs as much as we love ours. But I now have a special place in my heart for the blog Steeces Pieces. It is this quadruplet mom who lives in Texas and she is an inspiration to me as a mom. I don't know how she has time to blog but she always has a positive attitude and something interesting to say. I have enjoyed learning about their lives. Weird, I know, but my friends Sarah and Christy look at it too!

Something You Can't Get Enough Of? Massages. I could get a massage 24/7 and never be sick of it. I love them, they are my favorite thing. Feet, back, neck, hands, anything. The best gift is a gift certificate to get a massage.

Worst Job You Ever Had? I actually liked the job ok, but when I look back it was the most disgusting thing I have ever done (and I have seen a lot with nursing). I was a dish washer at a nursing home in high school. It was my first "real" job. I didn't work a ton of hours and I worked with the most bizzare and random selection of people. When I left work at night I was covered in old, half eaten, thrown up, smashed up food. I was sweaty and wet and my shoes were caked in crap. To top it all off you had to wear all white! I actually did enjoy the job ok, and met some interesting people, but I would never do it again.

What Job Would You Pay NOT To Have? I would have to say anything that works with bugs or rodents. I despise anything creepy crawly. When we had roaches in Texas it pushed my limits with tolerance to bugs. I hate killing them and sometimes I am frozen with fear when I see them (mainly cockroaches). Chad kills all the bugs around here. So if I had to be an exterminator I might die.

If You Could Be A Fly On The Wall, Where? Hmm. I really don't know. The only thing I can think of is to be a fly on the wall after I leave a patient room, or leave a group of people to see what they really think of me once I leave.

Favorite bible verse right now- I like this one right now. I like verses on Faith. Just in case I am doubting. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)"

Guilty Pleasure? Chocolate. It always makes things better.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on yourself, what would you do? I would do the same as Sarah and go to a luxury spa and have every treatment possible. It would probably be the best day of my life besides my marriage and the birth of my son.

Favorite thing about your house? The kitchen. It is pretty big and has a lot of cupboard space. I also love the finished basement and wood floors upstairs. I am really happy with the house we have. We just finished putting in storage shelves in the basement and it looks so nice now.


Least favorite thing about your house? No spa bathtub in the master bathroom, no screened in porch and no door at the bottom of the stairs to the basement (to keep out the noise from the tv)
The noise from the basement is my biggest complaint. It is really bad especially because of the wood floors. The other things are things I wish I had and don't.

One thing you are bad at? Putting my cup on a coaster. I am not a coaster fan, and frankly I just don't use them. It drives Chad mad. I will set my cup right next to the coaster. I feel like it is more likely to tip over that way. Oh who am I kidding, I just don't like using them.

Who would you like to meet someday? Hugh Jackman. Not really. I am not a star struck person at all, although he would be nice to look at. If I had my life to do over and did not inherit "non- flexible" genes, I would want to be a professional dancer or gymnast. I always watch in amazement what these people can do and I have a deep desire to do it. So I would want to meet an amazing dance partner who could teach me how to be an awesome dancer.

Who is your real life Hero? I would say, hands down, my parents. The older I get the more thankful I am for the things they have given me, taught me, and set an example for. They have a strong marriage, strong faith and they are both such giving people. They have given me such strong roots and some one to fall back on when things get tough. They have taught me how to make a marriage work, how to stand up for myself and when to be the bigger person. I am so happy that I have parents who are still in love after many many years and still have the energy to help their kids, grandkids, family, friends and church. I couldn't have asked for better. If I live half the life they have I will be happy.
What is the hardest part of your Job? Probably, the families. You get families that come in that are scared and stressed, and it can make the job very difficult. I always feel sorry for the families that get new diagnoses for their kids that are going to change their lives or the new moms that have to come back up to hospital right after their new baby went home.

When are you the most relaxed? In the evenings when Carter is in bed and the house is picked up and dishes are done. This is the time I get to spend doing things for myself. I enjoy a quite house at the end of the day.

What stresses you out? Lots of things. I am a pretty high strung person. When I get stressed I tend to shut down and not do the things I should that might help reduce the stress. I am a worry wart which means I spend a little bit of each day worrying about something. If I could get rid of one thing it would be that I wasn't a worry wart.

What can you not live without? First, my faith. Then my husband, son, family, friends and pugs. And last but not least, my blanket. I still sleep with my blanket I had since I was born. My grandma Niebuhr gave it to me when I was born. Crazy, yes. My husband calls it my "wooby"

Why do you blog? To update family and friends what is going on in our lives, to share pictures and to keep a journal of what we were doing at certain times. It is really nice to look back and see what Carter was doing at certain points in his life.

Who am I tagging?

New/newer bloggers- Well Chad's cousin Faith just started her blog so I will put her here.
Bloggers you would like to get to know more- Kristin Mayo,
Bloggy Friends- Christy, Erin, Jess

Rules:
1. Answer the questions
2. Link back to whoever tagged you
3. Tag eight bloggers to do the same, 2 from each category:
New/ newer bloggers (since we want to share the love and send them traffic)
Bloggy friendsBloggers you'd like to get to know better
Bloggers you don't think will respond, but you hope will
Bloggy friends

No comments: