Jazzercise baby
Carter in the bumbo (this is for Camden) This should have gone on my other post of Carter with all the baby things
Our last 2 weeks have been crazy busy. We had been getting out as much as we can when it is nice and last weekend we had Tim, Kelly and their kids come visit. We had a barbecue and a lot of time to visit. We wish they lived closer so we could do more with them. Since I only have one week left of maternity leave I have been taking the kids out to do a few more things since it will be harder once I go back. This week Chad and I took Carter to Lost in Fun for the morning and on Tuesday we went to the Children's Museum with Erin and the kids. Today Carter got to go to story time with my mom like he does every Wednesday. He loves that. Carter has also been able to spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Scribner. On Saturday Grandpa took him to Target and to the mall to walk around and explore. Carter loves his time with him. Especially since he has him wrapped around his little finger! I think all of his explorations have lead to an explosion of words. Carter has started to repeat a lot of what we say. Some examples are when we read a book and point out things like trees, tires, dog, book, and phone he will repeat them. Some he will even repeat more than once. He is also saying up and down which is something he wouldn't ever do before he would just point. He also likes to repeat and point to what kind of food he has on his plate. He said "pizza pizza" the other day and when we play with his play pizza he will say it as well. He can now let me know when he needs a drink or a snack. He can point to random objects in a book (when he is in the mood). He goes to story time every week and every week he gets more and more involved with the songs. He can do itsy bitsy spider and wheels on the bus. He has learned to stomp his feet. He can point to most body parts now and says eye, nose, and toes the most. But his favorite obsession right now is the belly button. He walks around saying "ba-batson" He wants to find everyones belly button. One day Camden wore a t-shirt so Carter was able to find his but he usually wears onesies which make it hard to get to. So now every time I feed Camden, Carter comes over and wants to find his "button" He also gets confused and looks on his back. He doesn't like it when he can't get to the button. The other funny part to this is that he thinks that Nase's "pee pee" is his belly button and wants to poke that. We do not like that (neither does Nase) and we have to tell him that that is not Nase's button. Carter also has an obsession with wheels. He loves anything with wheels. He will spin them around while saying "round and round". He will also *pretend* to be spinning wheels and take his hands like he is grabbing two balls and spin his hands around. It is super cute. We were also inspired by our friends Sarah and Ray and decided to give Carter a pillow. He loves it and it keeps him from sleeping all crazy like he use to. I have a picture of it but it is still on the camera and I had too many pictures but I will post it later. Carter also got a new tooth on the bottom this week. His mouth is almost full now.
Camden doesn't have a lot new to report. He is going down about 7-8, sleeping till about 2ish and then getting up at 6-7. He does get up at 1 and cry and we give him his pacifier or he will wake up at 5 and we do the same. But last night he just woke up at 2:30 and then 6:15 and I felt like I got a lot better sleep. He is cooing a lot more now and smiles a ton. He wants to have more interaction with us during the day and is noticing Carter more.
We got a new vacuum about 2 weeks ago which we love. It is the new dyson animal vacuum with ball. It is amazing what you can pick up with a good vacuum. Anyway that is all that I can think of now. Enjoy! sorry for all the pictures, but I had a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment