Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Carter put his booster seat on top of his kitchen then sat on it and said Cheese. Apparently he thought this was a good photo op.
just hanging out
cousins taking a bath together

Aunalie and Camden

Before lunch
having fun on the floor
my boy
Me with my mom
The family

All the kids
Karen with her grandkids
Noah and Carter being the *babies*
Carter in his *fort* reading
Camden hanging out on the couch with all the books Carter brought him
Carter at story time with the triplets
Enjoying some rays
Nase checking out Cam
Helping dad root feed the trees
reading the Bottom Line magazine
Carter and his girlfriend Emma
giving her a hug
happy boy
best buds
happy he was able to get up on the chair by using his trike

Sorry for the bad posting job. I have been spending all my free time working on my Mother-in-laws retirement video. I absolutely LOVE doing them and I am really excited about this one. It is done, it just needs a little tweaking. So now I have some time for the blog.
Our mothers day was very eventful. It started on Saturday night where we went to Al and Karen's for dinner and let the kids play. It was all in all a good time except for the 30 minutes Camden was screaming bloody murder. He is one sensitive kid. When he is pissed he is pissed! Noah and Carter had a great time playing with grandma and grandpa. We then came home and Chad and I were in bed by 9:30. Camden gave me my first mothers day gift by sleeping well that night. He only woke up once at 2am and that was it. It was the first time I didn't feel like a Mac truck hit me in the face when I woke up. We all got up at 6am to make it to early church and then it was off to Iowa where we ate a delicious brunch my Aunt Lucy put on. It was a little stressful trying to mind the kids. Camden was first by screaming loudly until I fed him and then it was Carter getting antsy and not wanting to sit at the table anymore. (he did eventually fall off the booster seat) We took a nice walk with my parents and then headed home. Carter did not nap well at all but Camden slept great. I even got a 2 hour nap which was my favorite part of the day. Chad made me a nice card from the kids and I got a charm of Camden's birth stone to go on the necklace Chad got me last year for mothers day. I got another awesome gift from Chad. He gave me a gift certificate for 1 hour of maid service! They send out 2 people and you can have them do whatever you want them to do. I don't think I could get any luckier. (unless I won the lottery I guess) The day ended with some chinese food from Vincent's house of hunan (my favorite) and a massage. Thanks everyone for making my mothers day a great one!
On to kid news. Carter my crazy little man has a new love....Emma. She is our next door neighbor that is 6 months older than Carter. He says her name about 65 times a day and will go to the door and look for her outside. When he looks outside he says her name, and if he sees her outside before bed he will wave at her and say goodnight before going to bed. It is so sweet. Needless to say we have had several play dates with Emma and Carter loves it. I have to say that his love really took off when she brought him a may day basket. Anytime he sees the bucket or the bubble she gave him he says her name. It really is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. He is still talking up a gibberish storm. He is saying a few new words. He started saying names more (except his brothers). He can say Aunalie (aunie) and he will say all of the triplets names and of course Emma. He started to put his hands out and shrug his shoulders in the * I don't know* position when I ask him to find something and he can't. It is pretty funny. He has also mastered putting his riding toy in front of whatever he wants to climb on. (ie he will put it in front of the chair or couch so he can step on it to get onto the couch or chair) Silly boy. He is going to fall one of these days and it won't be a good idea anymore.
Camden Camden Camden. He is making his momma crazy. His sleep habits are atrocious, he is super sensitive, and when he cries it makes your ears ring it is so loud. First of all his sleeping has gotten worse. He now wakes up several times a night, not to eat but to fuss. We are trying different things but the only common denominator is that I am super freakin tired. He has his 4 month appointment next week and we will be discussing if we can let him cry it out and not feed him at all. Wish us luck cause when we start it is going to be a rough couple of days at the Scribner house. I am ready to do the cry it out method cause I can't take much more of the lack of sleep. I don't know how anyone can do this for the first 6 months or the entire first year. I will say that when he is well rested and well fed he is a super happy fun baby. He laughed for the first time this last week when I was playing with him and tickling him. He is loving his brother more and more. He can be content for a while just watching him play. Plus Carter has had more interest in bringing him toys and interacting with him as well. Carter thinks it is funny when Camden smiles at him.
Well that is about all I know. Sorry for all the photos. That is what happens when you are behind. I hope you all had a great mothers day, and visit my friend christy's blog to see her funny mother's day cartoon she posted. ( go down 3 posts and you will see it)

1 comment:

The Neumann's said...

Thanks for the shout out!