A boy and his dog
Camden has finally started to stand on his own for long periods of time but not matter how much we work with him he refuses to take a step. He will just lean forward and fall instead of moving his stiff, old man legs. He might be two before he ever walks. We have also made the transition to sippy cup. It has been hard with him being sick and he still doesn't take enough fluid in, but we are hoping it will get better. I hope next time I post we are telling you that he is walking.
Carter has started taking a nap without a diaper this week. He did have one accident but otherwise has been dry. We hope this continues, and only gets better. His vocabulary is growing and growing and I love listening to his stories. His new thing is when you ask him a question he starts it by saying "ummmmm" and pauses before answering. He also did something this week that will be very memorable to me. I am not sure if any of you know this about me but I have a horrible fear that when I wake up and open my eyes in the middle of the night that someone will be standing over me. It is so bad that I hate sleeping closest to the door. (this all stems from a childhood incident you will have to ask me about) Anyway one night with weekend Carter kept waking up crying and after taking several turns getting him to go to sleep I finally thought he was asleep. My very tired body had just fallen asleep when I was awoken by a whisper of my name. I opened my eyes and right in front of my face was Carter. I was so sleep deprived and freaked out and that I yelled and jumped up and scared the daylights out of Carter. I may have scared him enough that he might not ever do it again. The crazy thing about all of this is that he has NEVER gotten out of bed and came into our room so I never ever expected him to be there. He usually cries till we go to his room. After that happened I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack so I had to go sleep down stairs because I was so afraid he would do it again and that I would freak out again. Anyway it was a very memorable moment for me, and him too probably.
No comments:
Post a Comment