The snowmen Chad and Carter built
We are so happy that the weather seems to be changing around here. Although it still changes frequently we have been able to enjoy some days of nice weather. This means lots of walks and lots of playing on the swing set. I can't wait for Camden to be proficient at walking so he can really enjoy the back yard as much as Carter does. One day last week my friend Rene and her kids Ethan and Maddie came over for lunch and to play. The kids all had a blast outside and despite the picture Camden had fun too. So much fun he fell asleep. He did it in true Camden style with one shoe off. He is funny because he doesn't like to swing. He likes to sit in the swing but hates moving. He has been blessed with another *cold* that is getting worse so hopefully a call to the doctor will fix that. His walking is coming around nicely. He now braves walking from one object to another even without coaxing. He still prefers to crawl but I think it is coming along.
Carter has either been really good, or really bad lately. He has had some amazing days where I see my sweet sweet boy come out. He is helpful and nice, and even shares with his brother. We have heard a lot *pleases* lately BEFORE we ask which makes me feel so good. It means all the repetition and work is finally starting to pay off. He at least understands and knows that to get something you have to say please. He is also saying thank you without being prompted. Amazing! When he helps Camden or shares his things with him it just makes me so happy. I love that sweet boy. Then there are the dark days. The days you know are going to be bad when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, pushes your buttons, deliberately disobeys, whines and cries at most things. Those days are they days that make you need a vacation. But I can only hope that the next day will be a good one. The best part is, is that he is turning into a little man with stories, and ideas and I just love watching his brain work. I was also amazed this week at how much he is absorbing now. We were reading Curious George and the snow (for the 6,000th time) before bed one night and he started finishing most of the sentences. Not just the ones we thought he would but some obscure ones. It blows my mind how much their brains can absorb. He is getting better and better at reciting the Lord's Prayer as well and soon I will video tape that. It is pretty cute.
I also just want to say thanks to my mom and Chad for taking care of the kiddos this last Friday and Saturday so I could scrapbook. It was so much fun and great time away. I got 26 pages done and lots of chatting done. I am very lucky to have such a great Husband and mom who are willing to help me get away. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
1 comment:
awwww! those remind me of texas snowmen! they are the right size and they are in grass and everything! so cute!
Post a Comment