Search This Blog

Monday, December 06, 2010

an apple a day...

proud of his train puzzle
little chubs
my sick boys
the new jumper is enjoyment for all (thanks Kara!)
sick baby

I found both of these at Once upon a child. Carter loves to match his brother
my little pilgrim
loving to cuddle
brushing teeth

unfortunately did not keep the doctor away. Well it did keep the doctor away but all of us got sick except for Chad. Poor Camden got it the worst. High fever, yucky cough, gagging and vomiting, and overall bleh. It started on Wednesday night and he still has his cough today. I really hope he gets better by tomorrow. Carter is better now and little baby Callan also got the yucky cough and wheezing. I think he is on the mend and just has a little cough left. That means we have spent quite a bit of time at home. Chad took Friday off and we put the Christmas tree and decorated just a little. The kids loved helping with the ornaments but it was a bit nerve racking. We also had some issues with the new LED lights we bought so we had to make a few trips to Target. The tree is up and shinning and that is all that matters. We did go to Erin and Brian's for the big 12 championship game and that is about all we have done.
Carter is really starting to become more and more independent. He is now taking initiative to wash his hands before and after meals, take his plate and cup to the counter after meals and he can completely dress and undress himself. He can put on his winter coat minus the zipper. He can help by getting Kleenexes and other little things we ask for. Some days he even does it with a great attitude. I really think he likes to please us but battles the three year old attitude. I occasionally here him using grown up phrases that he hears from me. Nothing like hearing yourself coming out of a three year old. Today I had asked Carter to get down from the table (he was messing around) and he did it the first time I asked. I then saw him by the door and told him to sit in time out (thinking that I had put him in time out, when I hadn't). Then few minutes later I told him to come see me and he said "why did you put me in time out? I was just looking out the window. That was rude to me mommy" I told him I was sorry. He then proceeded to say "don't be rude to me mommy" I will tell him that he is being rude to Camden or me sometimes and that must be where he got it. He has also said things to me like "don't talk to me like that mommy" and "get out of my way mommy". He hears everything.
Camden is about the same. Talking up a storm. We now have to try and translate what he is saying since he is at the phase where he thinks he is telling us in plain english what he wants and we don't' know what he wants. One example is when he is done with his water he yells "did it down" For along time I was stumped as to what he was saying. Then realize that he is trying to say "put it down" because I always tell him to "put it down". Even though he means "put it up or put it back" I also think he might be our type A child. He is very particular about things being a certain way. He has to have to clothes on the right way, and got forbid you put socks on and no shoes. He wants his jacket or coat zipped up and his bib has to be fastened a certain way. If it gets loose it is cause for a break down. He also likes his structure and routine. You have to tell him he has stinky feet when you change his diaper and then you can't forget to *shake the sillies out* after you are done. He is such a silly boy. Seeing him so sick this week made me so sad.

No comments: