Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Shaking the Christmas Crazies

goofing around
watching his brothers play

one of their favorite things to do - play at the table
waking up from a nap
my three amigos

It has been nutty over here lately. My kids are going crazy! They have lots of energy, and no place to get rid of it, except in whatever it is that *I* am trying to get done. This time of year leaves very little time and lots of things to do. I feel like every day and every evening are spent trying to whittle down the to-do list with the deadline being Christmas. I am happy to say that this weekend I was able to knock out a lot of things so I am feeling a little less stressed. I think the kids have felt my stress and tried their best to add to it. It is so nice to have Chad home on the weekends so we two sets of eyes, and two sets of patience. Another down side to this last week was that Chad got the stomach flu and then I got it. It was no fun. But we thank God the kids didn't get it. Here are a few funny or new things the kids have been saying/doing despite getting on my nerves.
While I was feeding Callan in his room the other day I didn't hear much noise in the living room which usually means trouble. So I called out to Carter and asked what he was doing. He yells back "dont' worry mom, we are just reading." Here are a couple funny words that he can't say either. He calls Barnes and Noble "narbes and boble" He calls candy canes "candy cans" and he says "muse kick" for music. Also when Carter sat on Santa's lap he asked for Toy Story. We have no idea that means the new movie or actions figures or what. He just says Toy Story.
Camden says lots of funny things. This boy talks non-stop and repeats EVERYTHING! I know I say that every post, but it is true. He amazes us everyday! You can find him singing "happy birthday" on a regular basis. He sings "happy birthday to you" over and over. The newest thing he learned from his brother is "Carter did it" or he will insert anyone's name in that spot. He is perfecting short sentences like "shut the door", "my head got hurt", "jammies on" "change diaper, it's poop again" "put coat on", and so on. The funniest thing he says is when you ask him to say Camden Parker he says "picker parker" It cracks me up every time.
Callan is enjoying his new jumpers and laughing at the kids as they play. He is being a great baby and sleeping wonderfully! I am so blessed with great third baby!
Enjoy your holidays, and I will post again after Christmas.

No comments: