
Wow! he is almost half way to a year! I feel like he is changing the least of the kids, even though he is probably changing the most. He is just so laid back (for the most part) that he just lays around an snuggles and just seems like my little newborn. But he has hit some major milestones. He rolled over on January 23rd and he tried his first solid food on February 11th. I gave him some rice cereal mixed with breast milk and he is the first of all my kids to *love* it. He could not get enough. I am not at all excited about making baby food but I think he will be a huge fan of solid food. We will probably start slow, since I am lazy and don't want to make it, but I have a feeling he will like whatever we give. He has started to sit up a little bit and is strengthening his upper body. In general he is pretty lazy and doesn't want to have to do too much. I think it will still be a while before he sits on his own, but I think he likes the view and hopefully that will be motivation for him. He got to get out and go for a walk on Sunday and he loved sitting up in the stroller and being able to see everything going on around him. He is sleeping about the same. He has gone the last few nights from 7pm to 4:30 or 5am. I am still ok with this but would love it to be pushed to 6 or 7. I am just grateful for him not waking up anytime before 4. There were nights where he just woke up and cried at 1 or 3. I know things are going to change again, but I have enjoyed my sleep the last few nights. Naps are still hit and miss. He usually goes 2 hours and then needs a nap and that nap lasts around 40 minutes. Then depending on the day he will take a longer afternoon nap. We have also found that this boy is super ticklish. if you tickle him under his chin, or blow raspberries on him, he will give you a big belly laugh. I tried to catch it on tape but he was all giggled out.
No comments:
Post a Comment