Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful


Even though the holidays can be really stressful around here, (mainly me, taking on too many things. Things I want to do mind you, not have to do) I have been trying to take time each day to spend a special moment with each of the kids.  Even if it is just a longer hug before bed.  Most days I feel overwhelmed and tired, but when I look at my kids faces I know how lucky and blessed I am to have them.  I find myself annoyed at all the toys shoved into every nook and crannie.  Miss matched socks under the bed, in the trash, and stuffed in a toy bin.  A bathroom that smells like pee even after I have doused it with bleach.  BUT when my bare feet walk over the still crusted spot of old (attempted to clean up 327 times) vomit on the boys bedroom floor, I smile.  I am so thankful for my loud, ornery little bundles of energy.  Without them I would have nothing to scrapbook, no blog to write and emptiness in my heart.  Even though I am staring at several loads of laundry that need to be folded, and a to-do list that is 4 miles long I wanted to take a moment to be thankful for the wonderful family that God has given me.  Including a very tolerant and loving husband, who also helped make the loud and ornery little bundles of energy.  Here is what we have been doing.

He climbed in, but didn't know how to get out. :(


Callan is still changing on a daily basis.  He has now perfected walking and does it 75% of the time.  He just can't get up to a stand from the middle of the room.  He has bent over to pick something up and got back up to a stand but he is still working on this.  He is very proud of his new accomplishment and loves to practice all day.  Another thing came and went already and that is his sippy cup.  We started him off on a soft nipple sippy cup which worked great and he mastered right away.  He then started to play games with it by flipping it nipple side down and would bang it on the tray.  This led to a milk river, and after a few times we put a stop to it but offering him a hard sippy cup. He was not a fan and went on a liquid strike for a day.  Then I gave him a straw cup and *poof*, sippy cup gone, straw cup in!  He is a fan of his new big boy cup. Also we had to move our trashcan to the laundry room.  Wanna know why?  Because he was throwing away anything and everything!  He thought it was a very fun game, until he threw away one of his pediped shoes that cost us $25.  I decided we better move the trash before he throws away something of more value.  You would not believe all the things we found in the trash that he threw in there. 

Fun times with grandpa Al

Callan thought this was a blast

One day before nap time the boys were playing really nice in their room.  Since it was so quiet I thought trouble might be brewing.  When I went in to check this is what I found.  They were lining up all their imaginext toys and had an intricate story to go along with it.  I love the moments like these where they play together so nice.  I cherished this day!

This is what 7:30am looks like at our house.  All the boys line up to wave at daddy as he goes to work.  I think it is so sweet how much waving to daddy means to them.  Even baby Callan loves it and usually adds a "da da" while waving

I caught them all playing nicely before church this morning

good night, sleep tight!

Their turkeys

One day I decided to have the boys make a Thanksgiving craft.  So I have them scissors, glue and some crayons and the turkeys are the final product.  I traced the circles and feathers for Carter and he cut out most of it (I did a few feathers for time sake). I put Camden's together for him and then he glued some pieced together and colored his turkey.  Carter enjoyed gluing the parts on even wrote his name on the back so he would know which turkey was his.  Their favorite part.  The colored fuzz ball they got to put as the nose.  We then hung up the turkeys on the door so we could enjoy them.  Carter thought it was funny the way I hung them because his turkey was *stepping* on Camden's turkey's feather.  He thought that was pretty cool.
Carter has all of a sudden really like writing his name.  He does it on all of his papers and even starting doing it at Sunday school without being asked.  I think he feels pretty good now that he has it down.  The thing I *love* the most about it is that he writes his *e* upside down.  I will be keeping some of his papers that have it because before long he will turn it right side up and that cute little name will be gone. Carter continues to be our good helper (when he is in the mood). Usually while the other boys are napping Carter likes to help me do things.  I think he feels important since he is the only one doing that particular thing. The other day I cleaned the bathrooms and the shower and carter took his spray bottle (with just water) and cloth and cleaned the shower door for me.   He has such an enthusiasm about it.  I wish I still had that. 
Camden has been breaking out of his shell a little more lately.  I have found him playing in the obstacle course at the YMCA on the days that Carter is not there.  He has also been playing with some of the other kids instead of keeping to himself.  He has also started to play really well with Carter.  I hear them making up stories and plotting against the bad guy together.  Today they were down stairs playing with the little people and I heard them talking about how they all needed to go to Jesus's house (the manger) for his birthday.  They set up all the little people facing the manger and had the firetruck behind the manger with the ladder outstretched to the roof in case anyone needed to get up there.  Carter kept telling Camden to make room for the sheep and not to make them *too crowded*.  I meant to get a picture of it but I forgot.  Camden gets right in there with Carter and tells him what he thinks they should do too.  I love hearing them playing together and use their imaginations.  
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I will probably have a Thanksgiving post next weekend!





No comments: