Here are some of the goings-on from last week. We are wrapping up (literally) all of Christmas stuff around here. We have our shopping done, cards sent, most presents wrapped, decorations done and are now just finishing up odds and ends. I took Carter sledding on Saturday and we have played outside in the snow some. The kids are loving the holiday season. We read a Christmas book every night and Carter keeps asking if tomorrow is Christmas. I still have some holiday baking to do, but that really is the fun part. The kids did help me make some Christmas cookies last week and we had a pretty good time, until my clear directions of "please roll the ball of dough gently in the sprinkles" were not followed and we had some smooshed cookies.
 |
| The dough |
 |
| Rolling the balls in sprinkles (notice how they are no longer round) |
 |
| ready to bake! |
 |
| The finished product...they were yummy! |
Callan had a rough end to last week. He came down with a fever on Thursday night and by Friday morning was 104.7. Since he had just had a cold I thought it might be his ears. So I took him in and it was his ears and apparently he tonsils didn't look so hot either. So we got some antibiotics and thought we were on our way to recovery. Unfortunately poor little Callan battled high fevers all weekend with the highest getting to 105! I am not a fan of high temps, they scare me. I spent part of Saturday night holding a shaking, hot baby with cool compresses on him. It was so sad. So he has been heavily dosed on Motrin and Tylenol and hopefully today is the last of any fevers.
 |
| when his fever wasn't super high he acted fairly normal |
I just had to tell a funny story about Camden. At night after the kids read books we always pray. We trade off between the Lord's prayer and "our own" prayer. Our own prayer consists of a similar routine. It starts with God, thank you for this day. Please bless...(and the kids insert whoever they want here). Sometime we add something special here and then move on to Please forgives for our sins, like when we say mean things or hit our brothers. Then we end with, Please protect us from all danger, amen. A while back Camden would ask Chad "what does danger mean?" Chad would then say something like "if a stranger asks you to get into their car" or something like that. I don't know how it came about but our kids love water towers. They always point them out when we are driving. Carter insists that one day he will climb on one. Chad told him that would be dangerous. So whenever Camden would ask (rhetorically) what danger meant Carter would say "like if you fall off a water tower". Now, like clock work Camden will say "what does danger mean?" Then he quickly answers his own question by yelling out "if you fall off a water tower" Then he laughs at himself. It happens every night, and I can't help but chuckle at the fact that he thinks he is so funny.
I have to share one story about Carter too. This week during quiet time Carter asked to draw (which has become a regular thing). I got out the things he wanted, paper, stickers, and markers. I went into my room to fold laundry and he comes in to tell me to come look at what he did. When I look at the table I see quite a few papers out and start to get a little irritated. But I looked at them and said they were all very nice. He drew a picture on each of them and then put a sticker on them. When I asked him what they were he said he had made cards for Santa to hand out to all the boys and girls who wouldn't get cards on Christmas. So I was no longer upset that he had used a lot of paper. I told him to write his name on them so that Santa would know who sent them. He put it on three and then told he made too many to write his name that many times and asked if I would help. What a sweet boy. Here are a few of his cards.
Here are a few more pictures of our week
 |
| who knows what they are up to! |
 |
| he loves to sit here and read |
 |
| food trance |
No comments:
Post a Comment