Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day Dinner

Last Saturday night we got together with my dad and family for a quick little father's day dinner.  We went to my parents house and grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and had brownie sundaes for dessert.  We (Brian and Erin and Chad and I) got my dad his two favorite things, chocolate and coffee.  The kids played, loudly, with all the yard games and we finally got some peace when my mom turned on "the wiggles" in the basement.  It was a a nice evening spending time with my dad.  The older I get the more I can appreciate all the things my dad did for me when I was younger.  Things like steering me away from getting a degree in psychology, or sociology.  Or for always having a believable answer to all the questions I used to ask. (I don't do near as well as my dad when my kids ask ridiculous questions)  I can appreciate the fact that when we went on family vacations that my dad always drove no matter what time of day and let the rest of us sleep. It isn't easy.  My dad also taught me how to save money, but to also be generous with your money when spending it on other people.  He gave me a little bit of his type A personality and I know how to move fast and get things done fast.  These things have gotten me pretty far in my life and for that I am thankful.  I hope you had a great Father's Day dad!
my dad and I

The boys with Grandpa Dale

Chad with his oldest

the youngest rugrats

Brian and Grace

Chad and Giesela

these two always close their eyes in pictures, so after about 7 attempts i had them close their eyes and then open them on 3.  as you can see Grace is over emphasizing her opened eyes. :)

the grill master

wrestling in the backyard

more wrestling

having a tea party for one!



1 comment:

sarah said...

so cute! i love all of the pictures and the ability to keep up with your busy family despite living in texas. because i know so much about your boys, it's crazy to think that i have never actually met the younger two. :( thank goodness for technology! i miss you guys, i love seeing your blog updates, and i can't wait to get our families together some day. thanks for blogging!