I am happy to be writing this blog post as a healthy human being. The Scribner clan has not had the best of luck with health since the new year. As I had posted in our previous update Carter, Camden and Chad had what I think was influenza which knocked them out for a few days. During that time I disinfected the whole house and prayed Callan and I would stay healthy and we did. Then that following Friday Carter came home from school stating that he did not feel well and went down hill fast. He fell asleep on the couch at 5pm and that was his bed time that night. Weirdly enough he was better the next morning. Then last Tuesday night, right before Chad and I went to bed Callan threw up in his bed. I prayed it was a fluke one time thing but I was wrong, dead wrong. He continued to throw up every hour until about 5am and he even threw in a poo accident on the carpet that I woke Chad up for. That day was Camden's birthday and a busy day for me at MOPS so Chad stayed home with Callan while I attempted to take snacks to different places and getting pictures of the birthday boy. We postponed Camden's birthday dinner to Red Robin due to Callan being sick until Saturday night. Then the real hell started. Tired and worn out I made plans to go out with my friend Rene for the night. I left Chad finishing up dinner with the kids. About an hour later I got a text that said Callan threw up all over, AGAIN. Ugg! I proceeded as normal but received another text soon after that Chad said he threw up! I knew I was in trouble. If Chad got it, the rest of the kids we bound to get it too. Our house was already filled with tons of laundry since our 3 year old still has trouble hitting a bucket or toilet when he gets sick. Chad warned me that Carter told him he wasn't feeling well either. Despite putting a bucket near Carter just in case, he managed to get sick all over his bed, floor and inside the boards of his bed! That was when I got a call that said I need to come home. In hind site it was the best thing because things did not get better. I walked into a scene from a horror movie. There was so much puke laundry and used buckets and a husband who was pale and bend over trying his best to keep things together. I got Carter cleaned up and into Callans room to quarantine them. towels and buckets were strategically placed. At this point I decided to clean up Carters bed and move Camden from the top bunk to the bottom, just in case. (in hind site this was the best decision i made) He was fussing and mad that Carter wasn't sleeping in there but when I asked him if he was feeling sick he gave me an adamant "no!" I left to go make bio hazard bags of vomit laundry in the bathroom, clean out buckets, sanitize the bathroom and all door handles and light switches. I also needed to disinfect all the legos and toys Camden might play with in the morning since he wasn't sick. About an hour later while I was talking to a friend, throwing a pity party for myself I heard the cries of our middle child and know that the inevitable has happened. He managed to throw up straight up and let all the vomit hit him in face on the way back down. Along with all over his bedding. I made him lay there for a few minutes while I finished cleaning up the bathroom to give him a shower. I got him settled back into a pile of towels on the floor with a bucket next to him. I went back to cleaning wondering if and when this thing was going to hit me. It was then that I decided that I need to get everything cleaned up and all laundry done so that if it did hit me, we would just have to do minimal work to keep the family going. I went back to all the cleaning and took breaks to help out Carter and Camden taking turns throwing up. Carter made it to the toilet every time after his first which was a HUGE blessing. I think it is the next great milestone after having no more diapers is having all kids able to puke int he toilet. Camden however still had a difficult time and did hit the bucket with help from me. Any time I heard him start to cry I could run in and help him make it to the toilet or the bucket. But let me tell you this kid will fight you. Poor Cam got it the worst and was up about every hour to throw up. Carter stopped about 1:30am. A midst all of this chaos Chad was having his own person vomit hell in our room. I kept praying that would not get this and thankfully I did not. No one got much sleep and we spent the next day recouping and taking it easy. Since we were all healthy on Saturday we were able to go out for Camden's birthday to Red Robin. We even went to Goodrich after for some ice cream.
wednesday morning
that night after dinner the boys wrote callan notes that said they loved him
Carter on Friday after school when he said he didn't feel well
Nase and Tatze tried to help take the sickness away
Thursday night in the quarantine room
lots of towels and buckets (callans was out for cleaning at the time of the picture)
When Camden slept most of the night
Saturday- all better!
eating at Red Robin
his menu he colored
the ladies singing happy birthday to him
his ice cream sundae
taking a quick break from eating to take pictures
with grandpa Al
More ice cream!

No comments:
Post a Comment