Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Skate Party

I am so behind, and meant to post this 2 weeks ago but I guess it is better to be late than never.  Carter had his annual school skate party a few weeks ago.  When I asked him if he wanted to go he gave an emphatic YES! But then I told him that I would not be skating with him this year so he was on his own.  He then retracted his yes and said maybe he shouldn't go.  I tried to tell him that he was capable of doing it on his own and that practice makes perfect.  I prepared him for the falls that were to come and he seemed more willing to try.  That night he went in with a great attitude and he came out a skater!  Most importantly he had a great time and was proud of his accomplishment.  He started the night by kind of walking in his skates and by the end he was gliding.  Here are some of the pictures I took and a little video.
The start of the night, using the railing for balance

posing with his friend Harrison

Carter and Emma

Carter, Sammy, Harrison 

taking a quick break


This was still at the beginning of the night but he was getting a little better

No comments: