swimming time at the YMCA
Our summer started off with a bang! We have been going strong since school got out. We had one week off before all the fun began but we kept busy and managed to get the pool a couple of times. I have spent many hours combing through paperwork that the kids have accumulated in the last 5 months. Taking pictures, scanning things in and throwing some away. I realized it has been long time since I did a general update on the kids and have done a terrible job taking notes so I will see if I can remember some funny things from each of them. 3 weeks of summer have already passed and I am going to wake up and it will school again. I need to document something because it passes way to quick.
basement fort
Carter has *loved* being out of school. The freedom to play all day is heaven for this kid. We have stayed decently busy but he has really enjoyed the trips to the pool, playing basketball in our driveway or just imaginary play on his own. He has been bothering me for a play date with his good friend Harrison, so I finally gave in and had him come over after VBS this week. We got Carter a new holder for his epi pen that he can carry with him this last week and I have really been trying to teach him that it is his responsibility to take it with him (since I am no longer with him when he goes places). I was very pleased this week, after the first day, that he remembered to bring his epi pen (when I forgot). He was very proud of himself for remembering. (remembering to bring it home was another story) Carter moved up in swimming for the new summer session which now allows them to wear goggles. He was stoked to hear this news. He also learned some new things on Minecraft from a friend and was super excited. From the crazy amount of excitement I think he learned the value of friendship and how you can show and learn things from one another. On one of the last days of school Carter was talking about marriage again. He started to tell me a story and then quickly stopped and said, "I better not share this." I encouraged him to tell the story and he told me that some kids were talking about who they were going to marry at recess. I asked him who he was going to marry. He said no one, he was too young. I then asked him about a girl he likes and what he thought about her. He said he really liked her and told her that many times but he doesn't want to tell her he loves her because then he would have to marry her and he doesn't want to have to take it back. When I asked why he might take it back he said "well I am only in first grade, I think marrying is probably for older people, so I think I am going to just like her." Carter also lost a front (top) tooth this week. I had put him to bed and I guess he was messing with it and came out shortly after to show me he had pulled it out. He has a lot of holes now!
swimming with Emma
his bottom tooth that he pulled out (I still haven't taken a picture of the top one he lost)
jumping in!
a story he wrote this summer
dart gun wars
I didn't add this to Carter's end of the school year post but here is a page that his friends wrote about him
relaxing poolside
yummy summer lunch
he lost in the dart war :)
how he wrote his name at the beginning of the year and then the end
a little excerpt from his preschool book the teacher made
playing with puppets at the library
he loved Mindy's bird
he begged me to take his picture
Chad and I got to have an evening out and went to pioneers park out door theater to see Ben Folds. We had gone a few years ago when he was in Omaha and got free tickets and it was one of the best concerts we had been to. So we were really excited when we heard he was coming to Lincoln. He put on a another great show!
ben folds - it was just him and a piano
waiting on the grass for the show to start
Here are pictures from all of the things we have been doing so far this summer.
swimming with the neighbors
enjoying a rubber ball obstacle course my dad made
racing the balls down the tubes
popsicles and slip n slides
shooting some hoops after our professional photo shoot
lunch with friends
water gun fights
this is why we don't put them in the bath anymore
playing with their friend Graham
they love the game of walking on the ceiling
Carter's turn
Camden's turn
Nase found a nice place to sleep before we made the bed
cute friends
movie night with Will and Xander - first time watching ET
fun at the park





















No comments:
Post a Comment