We made it! A huge milestone! Carter had his first peanut last Friday! It was such a huge day. He was really excited to try it out and knew this was a huge step in his OIT journey. I was a lot more nervous than I thought I would be, but I didn't need to be. He ate it like a champ and did well. He liked the taste. He said it tasted like it smelled. I think he was really proud of himself. We know have to weigh out peanuts that are between .85 and 1.05 grams. He has tolerated it well so far and it seems much easier, but also a little more scary. It is such a huge dose of peanut. We are trucking right along and it is going by so much faster than I anticipated. I just can't believe that he is eating a peanut. Here are some pictures from the day and a video of him eating his first peanut.
they had him take a picture with me before he ate his first peanut
a quick pic with Dr. Shakir before he eats his first peanut
all weighed out and ready to go
eating some carbs to help digest the peant
can't believe he is holding those
\
He asked if he could get a juice stop on the way back to school since he passed the peanut
2 comments:
We are so proud of Carter. Glad you made it through it all, too, mom!
We are so proud of Carter. Glad you made it through it all, too, mom!
Post a Comment