Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2016

It's Christmas Day!

callan's hand tree he made (it didn't all fit into the scanner)

The kids didn't really wake us up this year.  I am not sure if I should be impressed or depressed. They just played their tablets quietly until Callan finally came in a little after 7 to see if we were going to get up soon.  Does that mean they are so spoiled that they are not excited to open presents?  Anywho, we got up and started opening presents right away.  We did stockings first and then on to presents.  The kids got movies and books from Santa, and clothes, legos, skateboards, pokemon cards, and mini basketball hoops from us.  Callan made us a hand print tree and Carter made us a coaster which was a fun little surprise under the tree.  Callan also made homemade cards for all of us.  He is such a sweet boy!  After gift opening the kids played with their new toys and Chad and I made food for our favorite Christmas brunch. I tried some new stuff this year.  I made breakfast taquitos, some with chirizo and some with just eggs, cheese and veggies. They were really good.  I also made a breakfast Hawaiian fried rice which also turned out pretty good. The food is always amazing and the leftovers are even better.  We stayed and chatted for a little bit and then went home to relax. The kids played and I tried to take a little nap.  It was a nice Christmas and we are a little sad it is over. It is our last Christmas in this house.  The house we brought all our kids home from the hospital in. Now it means we need to clean up our house and get it ready to sell.  Wish us luck!
money from a family friend. they were so excited!

cam opening up his skate board

he loved it!

carter opening a gift

callan loved getting his own football

one last picture of kids holding some gifts

callan also got a skate board

the aftermath of present opening

all the food!

the kids love this brunch too! especially when uncle brian gives them a full cup  of hot chocolate!

No comments: