Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2017

A Dirty Mess

One of the big things we had to do before we closed on the old house was fill in dirt around the foundation.  We checked with several landscape companies and found out it would be around 300-500 dollars.  When we found out we could just have a company drop cubic yards of dirt off on our driveway for $100 we wend ahead with that.  That meant we had to do the labor, but I found a beautiful day to do and I even had some help from the kids.
my little shovel helpers

they really worked hard.  they filled the wheelbarrow while I was smoothing out the dirt around the house.  I was very impressed with their hard work

I told them they could play in the dirt after they helped for a little bit

The front west and back west side of the house were the worst.  

but after 2 cubic yards of dirt were distributed it looked pretty good

we just pulled back all the mulch that was already there and then put it back on top

Here is two videos of the kids helping and messing around





No comments: