Carter in the jump chair ----------The Pugs playing with Carter
Sleepy baby ------------------------Happy baby
Hangin with Christy
Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Time has gotten away from me lately. I can't remember all that has happened but I will try my best to think of the new things. Carter did have his 4 month check with shots last Friday. He weighed in at 13lbs 6oz. which is in the 25 percentile. he was 25 1/2 inches which is in the 75 percentile. He got his shots without too much fuss. We talked with the Pedi about his development and things are looking good. He has started to really notice his toys and has started grabbing and batting at the toys hanging from the play gym. He has also started to sit in his jump chair which he really enjoys. It is a lot of work keeping his upper body upright but he pushes off the ground and spins himself around and thinks it is pretty fun. He is also eye level with the pugs and is watching them chase each other. The pugs have started to take a more active interest in Carter and have been licking, smelling and laying next to him a lot more. Nase also got his first taste of the kung foo baby grip. Nase was sitting next to the bouncy seat and Carter reached out for him and grabbed the side of Nase's face. Carter grabbed a chunk of fur and Nase was left stunned at what just happened. Nase then backed up a foot or so to be out of reach of Carter. Looks like we are going to have to start early with teaching Carter how to touch "nice" around the puppies. :) Carter has also really discovered his voice. There have been times where he will babble for 5-10minutes. It is pretty funny watching him. His face is so animated when he talks. I was able to catch some of it on video so I will see if I can post it. Carter also had several outings over the last couple of weeks. He stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Scribner while Chad and I went to our young couples Christmas party and he stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr's Tuesday night and all day Wednesday so that I could finish up my Christmas shopping and get a few things done around the house. He also spends time every week over at Erin and Brian's while I am at work and is getting quality time with his cousins (and his aunt as well). Erin tells me funny stories of how the kids try to help her with Carter by getting his things for her. They are all very helpful and they enjoy playing with the baby toys again when Carter is not using them. She told me that Xander decided that Carter needed to wear the pumpkin bucket as a hat and kept trying to put it on his head, but Carter wanted nothing to do the bucket. It is just so cute how they think he can do the same things that they can. That is about all that I can think of that is new. I have been spending my free time wrapping gifts and writing Christmas cards. I can't wait for Carter's first Christmas! ( I will post pictures tomorrow)
No comments:
Post a Comment