![]() |
| Triplets 2nd birthday party |
We have had a pretty busy week. I spent the weekend pureeing baby food (and food for a new recipe book I got for Christmas) with my friend Christy and trying out the new recipes. They have been pretty good so far. I have enjoying making the meals and they are healthy! Our evenings have been filled doing odds and ends. Carter has also had a couple new things this week. He went to the Neonatal Development Clinic yesterday. When we left the NICU they asked us if we wanted to be a part of it. All they do is collect some research and track how the NICU babies do once they leave the unit. It is no cost to us and gives us another set of eyes to make sure Carter is on track with his development. We got great reviews. Even though Carter just turned 5 months he is really about 3 3/4 months adjust age. When it comes to development that is the age they use. They said he is doing above what a 3 3/4 month baby would be doing. They weighed him (with his clothes on, and a full diaper) and he was 15lbs 8oz. They measured his head which they said was good and that his head shape is looking great. (preemie babies tend to have abnormal skulls since there bones are more pliable) He was able to track a toy all over, turn to my voice and hold his head up with good control. She was impressed ( a developmental pediatrician). It always makes you feel good when someone tells you your child is on track so I am happy with the report. Carter also has started to giggle every time I tell him "I'm gonna get you". He will laugh and put his arms out in front of him (like superman) as if to protect himself from the "tickles". It is so funny. If I can get it on video I will post it soon. Chad and I got to get away on Saturday night for a few hours to celebrate our friend Jessi's birthday. We had a good time. The last thing we did was celebrate the triplets 2nd birthday. It was a lot of fun watching them eat their cake this year. We are going to do a bigger celebration in the summer since they just got a ton of gifts for Christmas. Chad and Carter stayed home since it was past his bedtime but I got to go and watch them eat cake. I am trying out Picasa for my pictures this week so you will have to let me know how it is. The pictures are of Jessi's birthday party, the triplets cake party and some random pics of Carter. I have to explain that the ones of Carter where he has a hat that is too small and mittens on. After we give him a bath we always have to lube him up with lotion and aquaphor to his body and head (due to his really dry skin). But when he gets super tired he rubs his face with his hands and also scratches at his head. So the combination of lotion plus tiredness leads to him scratching at his face and head and getting the aquaphor everywhere. So we have to put a hat on him (to make sure the aquaphor soaks in) and mittens to prevent him from scratching his face. He looks like a gangster in the photos so I just had to explain it.

No comments:
Post a Comment