Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2008

Rolling over

Being a Ham!



Just playing.............................. Starting to get frustrated


Realizing he might be able to turn over


Reaching high.................................almost there....


SUCCESS!

Sorry for no post last week. It was a little bit of a weird week for me. I spent two days getting my PALS certification during the day while Carter spent time over at Aunt Carrie's house. It has been a while since I have had to study and take a test so I had a pretty stressful week studying for PALS. Luckily I passed, and now I am officially certified for two years! (for those of you who don't know PALS stands for Pediatric Advanced Life Support. It is similar to CPR but it is specialized for children and is more in depth.) We have to be certified to work up on pediatrics. Carter got to enjoy time with Aunt Carrie and cousin Noah while I was there and he had a great time. It is so neat to see them start to interact, or at least notice each other. I can't wait for them to be old enough to play together. Carter has also had some new things happen this last two weeks. He rolled over from front to back one time completely unassisted. (I caught this with my still camera) I had put him on his tummy and the next thing I know he is trying to roll over. The whole thing took him a few minutes. He would give up and lay down and then try again. We have yet to see it again but hopefully he will do it again soon. He has also started eating rice cereal every evening and we even introduced pears. He is a huge fan of pears but not a fan of rice cereal still. We mix them together and he is happy. He is starting to get more coordination with his tongue but it is still a little difficult in the beginning. On a more yucky note I noticed this weekend (and so did grandma) that Carters lymph nodes in the back of his head and ear were pretty swollen. They have been swollen for the last few weeks but not as bad as they were on Sunday. He hasn't seemed sick or anything but I started to get worried that they were getting bigger. So I took him into the doctor today and he has a little ear infection and the doctor thought he might have a little bit of an upper respiratory infection. He still doesn't act sick but in retrospect I remember him pulling at his ear some over the last few days. I just didn't think that a baby this young would do that. He got put on some amoxicillin and hopefully that will take care of it. Chad and I also got to get out for a little bit over the last few weeks and we even got to go up to Omaha to hang out with our friends Abby and Jason. We ate dinner (without a baby) and then got to go to a movie. It was so nice. We went and saw Juno which I highly recommend. That about wraps it up for us. Talk to you next week.

No comments: