Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

All Suckered Out

The infamous sucker
look at his eyes, they are crossed. that is some intense sucker eating
happy camper

thinking
loving his hands

this is what happens when you leave a toddler unsupervised after he is done eating
look at the spiked sunbutter (his version of peanut butter) hair

Funny things have been happening around the Scribner house. Carter has been cracking us up more and more. First we have to mention again his unhealthy obsession with *trash*. It is the first word he says when he wakes up and the last word he says before bed. Well maybe not the last, but close to it. He loves when we open the garage door so he can see the trash. He loves throwing away anything that resembles trash. And his most favorite thing is to watch the garbage men take the trash away on Tuesday mornings. It is the highlight of his week. It just makes me laugh that it hasn't lost its luster yet. The other funny thing that happened this week was when I gave Carter a sucker. It is the second time in his life that he has had one and this kid was ecstatic about it. His eyes were huge and the smile on his face was priceless. The problem was that he was enjoying it so much that he was making the stick really soggy and it was just a dumbdumb sucker so I was super afraid that the ball of the sucker would break off in his mouth and he would choke. So as calmly as I could I asked him to open his mouth. But he was smarter than that and keep a tight grip on the stick. I then tried coaxing him to *lick* the sucker and proceed to show him. But he was content just keeping it in his mouth. I finally pried his little jaw open (since I was panicking inside) and got the sucker out. Of course this brought on Crocodile tears and the sadness that washed over his face broke my heart. Poor kid, he didn't ever realize the potential danger that was lying ahead. Even thought every ounce of me just wanted to hand him the sucker back, we had to throw it away because we didn't listen to mommy and we threw a fit, all no no's in our house. Luckily he got over it pretty quick and I learned my lesson, but man when those eyes filled up with tears my heart really did break a little.
Like I put in Camden's 4 month post we have been battling the night time fussies over here and it has not been fun. We have tired a few different things but have resorted to *cry it out*. That is a tough thing to do when your child is super freakin stubborn. He has cried from 11:30 to 2am straight. That is enough to drive anyone batty. But we are stinking to it and I will talk with our pedi on Friday to see if he has any brilliant ideas. Otherwise Camden is trucking along.
I had a D and C on Friday due to some bleeding issues since having Camden but I think I am on the mend and every thing went well and I am feeling great. We got done with Karen's retirement video and are excited to show it this week at her party.
One other thing. I think we are going to dive into the *potty training* pool. After a lot of research and reading (and articles from my mom) we think we are going to try it. Not this month but maybe next month. We figure if it doesn't work we can at least say we tried and if it does work we will save a ton of money in diapers. We are going to try and get Camdens sleep stuff under control first before tackling this but we don't want to miss the good window of opportunity. (20-24 months) That is about all.

1 comment:

JustAMom said...

I think for Carter's 2nd birthday, I'll get him a HUGE lollipop! :) Good luck with the potty training! If you have any success, let me know the trick. I heard peeing in a coffee can full of dish soap works really well. Haven't tried it out, but I'm too lazy to start trying vigoriously.