Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

rollin' rollin' rollin' keep them babies rollin'

making pancakes, his favoritefirst time rolling, found him underneath the coffee table
jumper fun
entertaining his brother
eating watermelon
helping with the swing set
the boys
referring to the instructions
wishing it was already finished
half way done
The finished product
down the slide
yes, he did a face plant
his favorite part of the swing set
loving the tower

We have a baby rolling over here in the Scribner home! That's right folks, Camden is rolling. Back to front though. That is how we hang here. Neither of our boys have liked their bellies and rolled front to back first. Camden is pretty determined to roll too, it is pretty cute. He has done it several times in the last week, especially when on a hard surface. I have some better pictures of it but I think they are still on the camera. I also have Camden's four month stats. 13lbs 14oz (25-50%) 25.5 inches long (75%) head 41.5 (25-50%) He checked out well at the doctor. He did say he was a *touch* concerned about his weight but thinks it is fine. It does mean we can't drop the night time feed off, but I guess we will keep trucking along. He said we are doing everything right and we have had some luck letting him cry it out. He still has good and bad nights, but we just keep praying our *tough love* will pay off in the end. We also started him on a new medicine for his reflux called Zegerid. It is a new med I research and our wonderful pedi said yes to trying it. I can say we don't think it is a miracle drug, which is what we were hoping for but we are going to give it a little more time. We do think he has been a lot happier. Still spitty and stuff but overall seems happier. It could also be that crazy placebo phenomenon where you think you are getting something great therefor you think it is great and it is all in your head. Will see. It is worth a shot anyway. On to more news. We had a super busy memorial day weekend with me working and Chad putting together our new swing set. It is awesome and Carter *loves* it! It was a ton of work, but totally worth it. Thanks to all our family who helped. All Carter has wanted to do is go outside and play now. Which is great for him, not some much for Camden and I but luckily it made a little shade in the backyard now so Camden can go out their too! Nase also likes it due to the shade factor. Carter is still gabbering away like always. I think his vocabulary grows by at least one word a day. This is also accompanied by more fits and yelling when I don't understand what he wants. Although I have to say I felt super good the other day when I realized what he was trying to say. I feel bad as a mom that I can't always decipher what he is saying and usually I can't but he always says "ho-dee" and then hands me something or he is holding something, and I realized he is saying "hold it." Which also leads me to say that I never felt like that *in touch* mom when I had Carter. i never felt like I could decipher his cries or know what he needed. I don't know if it is because Camden is second or I am breastfeeding him or what but I feel like i know his different cries, and what he needs. Not all of the time but I feel like I am more *in tune* this time around. Well that is about all I can think of. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: