Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

randomness/update

Carter was trying to convince us to let Camden sleep in his bed
Brotherly love
It was hard to get a good picture

pizza face
helping grandpa with the new cement

one of Camden's favorite things to do outside
hanging with his pugs
wearing grandpas glasses is serious business

falling asleep while eating
one for me....
and one for you
Carter told me to get the camera because they were playing in the "dirt"

wow! I can't believe what a slacker I have been. I feel like the days are flying by, but the good thing is that they have been filled with tons of outdoor fun. Carter and Camden are both LOVING being outdoors. Heat, rain, or wind. Nothing seems to phase them. Carter could live outside all day everyday. Since I don't want this to be the longest post ever I will just try to tell some funny stories that I will want to remember about the boys.
Carter- Is going through phases like crazy! At times it is "I do all by myself" which usually leads to disaster (such as peeing on his own). Other times it is "I can't do it" even if it is an easy task that he has been doing for a long time. He points out the *unfairness* between him and Camden regularly. Such as, Camden isn't helping pick up or that he doesn't have to go to time out for different offenses. Although it is a though concept for Carter to understand, Camden actually is picking up and going to time out now. I find myself thinking that two kids this close in age is a blessing and a curse. When they copy each other doing the wrong thing it is frustrating but when they copy each other doing the right thing it is heavenly. Carter has started really playing with others over the last two months. He *adores* his neighbor and friend Emma, and they actually play together now. They talk to each other and play things together and not just parallel. He also has found his place with the triplets and they also play well together. He is no longer the pest (at least not all the time). This new development is so fun to see. Carter wakes up in the morning and the first thing he talks about is Emma or the triplets. He always wants to have some to play with. This also means he is playing with Camden pretty nicely as well. Although they still have a decent amount of issues, Carter loves have him around and always wants him to play. Carter's night time sleep issues seem to be gone *knock on wood* with only an occasional issue. Thank God! The only new development is that he wakes up anywhere from 6am to 7:30am and it is a crap shoot knowing what day it is. He also might have a good career in law. When we ask him why he did something (like take a toy from Camden) he always starts the story with "well...." He also plays the blame game a lot. If told not to do something he will say "but Will and Grace do it" or "Camden did it". It is a another hard concept to teach but hopefully it will get better. He also knows that if he does something to Camden out of our sight and Camden starts to cry, he immediately says "I sorry brother, you ok" to avoid the punishment from us. Smart little kid. He is excited about the new baby and one day asked me if we could crack open my belly to see the baby now. It was so funny. He often tells me that the baby is crying in my belly. He also has a sweet side that is emerging. He loves to share his food with Camden, even his dessert. He gets upset if he gets something and Camden does not. But if you ask him to share he is less likely to do it. One more story. On my last day at MOPS it was really busy in the daycare. So I told Carter to watch his brother and that if he starts to cry to give him a hug (because all the babysitters were overwhelmed). I left and when into the meeting room. I was pretty sure he didn't hear me but about 5 minutes later a girl at my table came and told me that Camden started to cry and Carter when up to him, gave him a hug and said "it's ok brother" and then Camden laid his head on Carter's chest. So sweet! I am so happy to know that Carter listened to me for one, and that he was so nice to his brother. It makes my heart melt. Ok I am going to end this post and I will post stuff on Camden in his 15 month post. Check back soon.

No comments: