 |
| love them |
I am amazed to think that next week we will be in November. I have no idea what happened to October but it is almost gone. We have stayed busy as always but not all of it has been fun. It started with Callan getting sick at our family picture day two weekends ago and ended will Camden getting something similar which was a few days of cleaning up throw up and poo. We were going to go to the pumpkin patch on Thursday and Chad even took off work but we woke up to Camden saying his tummy hurt. We did carve pumpkins but I will post them on a separate post.
 |
| it's our bath time |
Carter has done some funny things lately like when he brought us the potato heads with just ears or just arms. He was very proud of his creation. He also got to experience live TV for the first time. We don't really watch a lot of TV anymore so we stopped DVRing the kids shows in our bedroom. So one day at the end of quiet time I let Carter watch some TV. It was about 10 till 3:00 and he was watching "The Cat in the Hat" on PBS. When it was over he let me know so that I could put on a new show. When I told him that it was on the TV and I couldn't go on to the next show he was perplexed. I told him to wait patiently and the next show would come on. It was Curious George. He shrieked in excitement when the show just "came on". Welcome to live TV Carter! Another funny interaction we had was when he told me he really wanted another Callan Reed. I clarified and asked if just wanted another baby. He said no, he wanted another Callan Reed. I told him it would be hard to have two Callans because when I called out "Callan" how would they know which one I was talking to? He gave me a confused look so I tried explaining it again only this time I used his name. Explaining to him that if we had two Carters it would be very confusing. After this explanation he just looked me in the eye, shrugged his shoulders and said "nevermind, lets just have one Callan" and walked away.
 |
| potato head creations |
 |
| favorite saturday morning activity. |
 |
| they love to flip |
 |
| even callan gets in on the action |
Camden is an amazing little sponge. The kid is smart as a whip. Don't let his shy soft spoken demeanor trick you. He picks up on every little thing and uses it all to his advantage. His potty training is still going well. He told me in Target the other day that he had to go and he tends to tell us in public places because I think he likes to check out the bathrooms. I have been meaning to blog about this funny little quirk he has. Whenever we read he always likes to end the sentence with us. Even if it is a book he doesn't know. He just quietly sits on your lap and mumbles the end of all sentences as if he is reading the book. It is quiet and subtle but he does it all the time. I think it started when the two oldest could finish the sentences of rhyming books. It is so sweet to hear him trying to read. He will also do it in the car when I use my blue tooth to call someone. When I say the name out loud he says it a millisecond after I do. I am also not sure if I have ever posted that he calls a balloon a "baa-boon" Our poor little guy got sick on Wednesday night and had a miserable next couple of days. By Sunday he was one the mend but even today he still seemed a little sluggish.
 |
| pukey baby |
 |
| morning *sick* nap |
 |
| still sick |
 |
| carter reading to camden |
Little Callan baby. This boy is loving toddlerhood. He is learning so fast and changing every day. He got his seventh tooth the upper right incisor. I swear there is more coming in due to the fact that his hands are always in his mouth. Callan was the first of my kids to master the sippy cup in two days. I was amazed at how quick he adjusted. With the other two I remember having to tip it up when the milk got low so that they would finish it. Not Callan. He maneuvered that cup right from the beginning and get all the milk out with no help from us. We have also marveled in the fact that he can shake his head yes, and he seems to do it appropriately. I only remember the other two shaking their head no all the time. I will try and give Callan a bite of yogurt when we are nearing the end and he will turn his head or push it away. I will say "are you done?" and he will shake his head yes. Then I will say "do you want more?" and he will shake his head no. It is probably all just coincidence but it really blows my mind. He really does them both equally and appropriately. He is still walking more and more but doesn't choose it as his mode of transportation unless we are there. That is about it on the new things the kids are doing. I will post some pictures of pumpkin carving and pictures of the kids at Vala's.
 |
| matching jammies |
 |
| brothers |
 |
| hiding in the closet |
 |
| emjoying legos |
 |
| standing |
 |
| silly boys |
No comments:
Post a Comment