Last Friday Chad and I got the opportunity to go to Firesprings annual holiday party. We have heard great things about his company party and were excited to try it out. We got a discounted room at the Embassy Suits and took advantage of that. My parents were nice enough to take the kids overnight, which they were equally enthused about. I borrowed an outfit from my friend Kaci that I loved and had fun dressing up, since it is something I very rarely do. I had a tough time getting the hang of my heals but otherwise it all came together pretty well. We got to our room around 5:30 were the hotel gave out some drink tickets for their cocktail hour. Made sure to use all of those up and not let them go to waste. :) We then headed into the ball room where the dinner and party were. We chatted with some old Interact friends and some new friends until it was time to eat. The dinner wasn't my most favorite but we had a good time. They had a live band that did karaoke, and Chad and I went up and did "your the one that I want" from Grease as a duet. We could not hear ourselves at all so we have no idea how we did. Hopefully no one had to leave because of it. :) Anyway we had a fun night and enjoyed sleeping in. The best part was the morning breakfast buffet put on by the hotel. We met some friends down in the lobby and had some amazing french toast, omelets, bacon and sausage. The other really amazing part was that we just sat and enjoyed our food while chatting with other adults with no interruptions. It was really nice. We didn't get the kids until almost noon and then we shipped them off to Callan's preschool teachers church "parents day out" event. This meant more Chad and Lisa time and the kids got to do crafts, eat snacks, play football and watch movies. They always enjoy the day and Chad and I find it one of our favorite days as well. Seven hours of no child time and the money we donate goes to a small churches youth group. Couldn't be better. Here are some pictures of our fun time.

dropping the kids off at my parents and having them take a quick picture of us
eating dinner
a picture with Britni
britni, Shannon and I
fun in the photo booth
No comments:
Post a Comment