Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring Break

I have been neglecting the blog lately due to our busy schedules and realized that I missed several posts that I thought I already did.  Then I realized I just put them on facebook.  So I guess better late than never right?  March 9th thru the 15th we had our LPS spring break.  Callan still had school that week though so that through a little wrench into some plans but we managed to pull of a decent spring break.  We did a lot of playing outside since we had beautiful weather and the kids went to the Y a few times. Carter and I got to go with the triplets and Erin to Stomp at the Lied Center.  It was a cool show and Carter really enjoyed it. It was nice having a little one on one time with him. On Wednesday we headed out to Schram Park near Gretna with the Vlieger family and had a nice picnic lunch, a quick trip to their free aquarium and a long muddy hike.  The weather was amazing and the kids loved being out doors!  The hike was super fun but a lot more muddy than we anticipated.  All of our shoes were completely caked in mud by the end.  All the kids were troopers and made it through the whole hike.  We then went to the playground where I thought the kids would just sit but they played their little hearts out for at least another hour or two.  Thursday night we went back to the Vliegers for a fire pit where the kids ate themselves into a candy filled coma that made all their stomachs hurt.   Then on Friday Chad took the day off and we headed down town to UNL campus.  We stopped at Tom+Chee for lunch and then walked around campus and found the world's largest urinal, so of course the kids and Chad had to use it.  Then we met up with the Vliegers again for the UNL baseball game.  The night was perfect and kids had a good time.  I think the rest of the weekend we spent catching up on household things and getting clothes out for spring/summer.  Here are some pictures of our spring break fun.
these two still fit in the laundry basket but barely

a real super hero wears several capes and masks

two masks

every mask he could find, except he can't see

passing time as super heros

our fur family

this is what my bedroom looks like when i am trying to get the boys closets ready for spring/summer

ready for stomp

carter and I ready for the show

he loves to walk the dogs

a fun night watching star wars rebels in our bedroom

Schram park with the Vlieger kids

checking out some different kinds of fish

this nice guy let them touch a snake

eating our picnic lunch

hiking the trails

stopped on the trail for a few minutes to get this photo

Tom+Chee

he liked it!

worlds largest urinal in architectural hall on UNL campus

enjoying the art around campus

watching the UNL baseball game

my good friend Kaci and I

Brooks and Callan watching the game

our view

these two silly guys

No comments: